How can I sync my MacMini to my iPad using WiFi for 1Password?

I want to sync my MacMini OS 10.9.5 to my iPad OS 9.3.1 using WiFi, in order to have 1Password (OS 3.8.22) available on both. Instructions say to go to Preferences and click on a WiFi icon "Run a WiFi server from this Mac........", but that icon doesn't appear. iCloud doesn't support my Mac OS so I can't use it. Is there another way?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.9.5
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:Can't sync iMac to iPad with WiFi. The sync Icon does not appear in Preferences.

Comments

• hbusher20142
    hbusher20142
    Community Member

I want to sync my MacMini OS 10.9.5 to my iPad OS 9.3.1 using WiFi, in order to have 1Password (OS 3.8.22) available on both. Instructions say to go to Preferences and click on a WiFi icon "Run a WiFi server from this Mac........", but that icon doesn't appear. iCloud doesn't support my Mac OS so I can't use it. Is there another way?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS 10.9.5
    Sync Type: WiFi
    Referrer: forum-search:Can't sync iMac to iPad with WiFi. The sync Icon does not appear in Preferences.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hbusher20142 ,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! I’m sorry you’re having difficulty setting up sync. I really appreciate you including your version information in your original post, it makes it much easier for us to determine where things are getting tangled up.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to sync 1Password 3 for Mac with the latest version of 1Password for iOS. We made some big changes to Wi-Fi sync (re-wrote the whole process, in fact) for 1Password 4, so you’ll need to update the version of 1Password that you’re using on your MacMini to use Wi-Fi sync. As an existing owner of 1Password, you get a pretty sweet discount on a new license. Just enter your current license information on our upgrade page. :)

If you’d prefer to continue using 1Password 3, you’ll want to set up Dropbox sync, which is our most versatile option available. If you’d like some instructions on how to make that happen, please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.