Share Password via sms and email

Options
405n
405n
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Mac

I used to be able to share via sms/text from my iPhone with previous versions however it no longer gives me the option. I've tried this on my Mac computer and iPhone 6+ iOS device and the option is no longer available. Currently, the only available items when trying to share is aAirDrop or print. I want to be able to send a single password to my wife (who also has her own 1password account) via sms/text message. If that's no longer an option, email will do.

Additionally, I'm fully update on 1passwprd on all platforms as well as latest os on Mac and iOS device

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@405n welcome to the forums! Unfortunately the ability to share information via SMS and email is no longer supported in the 1Password for iOS app. You can find a more in-depth explanation here, but the gist is that we decided to pull the feature because it wasn't as secure as we would like. If we can find a way to balance the security and convenience of that feature in a way that's better aligned with our values, we will :)

• 405n
    405n
    Community Member
    Options

Alternatively, how can i easily share a password with another 1password user?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

There are a few different ways to do this. The easiest is to use 1Password Families or 1Password Teams. Barring that, you could technically send the password by copying it into a message or email app, but that would leave it exposed as clear text, which isn't ideal. If you're in range you can send it via AirDrop. You could also create a vault with just the logins you want to share and share that with someone else via Dropbox. Those should all work.

This discussion has been closed.