can't log into my individual account

Options
ngockers000
ngockers000
Community Member

Hi,

I just had to reset my Iphone and reinstalled my 1Password app. But when I open the app it prompts me to either "Sign into 1Password account for families or teams" or "Use without an account". So I pick the first one, and then select "Sign In Manually", and it's asking me for all this information I don't even know the answer to ("Team URL"; "Account Key"). I have never set up a team or families account and just want to use the individual account, but can't seem to do so on this app anymore, which is really frustrating.

Help?

Thanks.

Ngoc

1Password Version: 6.4
Extension Version: unknown
OS Version: unknown
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:can't log into my individual account

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ngockers000 sorry for the confusion. If you delete and reinstall the 1Password app, you should select the second option ("Use without an account") and enter your information from there. That should solve the problem!

• ngockers000
    ngockers000
    Community Member
    Options

It doesn't work. It brings me to a page that says sync with... And the other option is creating a new vault.

• netlenka
    netlenka
    Community Member
    Options

This is so wrong and inconsistent! Did you any user research about that at all? Now a person has to Google how to log in!
    I already have an account, how does "Use without an account" fit into this?

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @netlenka and @ngockers000,

I'm sorry for the frustration here. The confusing part is, only Teams and Families users have a 1Password Account.

If you are not using 1Password Teams or 1Password Families, then you have a 1Password license and a vault or vaults, but not an account because we (AgileBits) don't store your data or bill you after your initial license purchase. You don't log into your account, you unlock your vault.

Teams, Families and the idea of a 1Password Account are all still quite new and in development now, and we're doing the best we can to make the difference clear to users, but it seems we still have some room for improvement. Your feedback is definitely being heard and considered and appreciated!

In the meantime, @ngockers000, did you ever sync your data previously, to iCloud, Dropbox, or another device? If not, did you ever make an iTunes backup of your 1Password data? I really hope the answer is yes, because if not, you may have wiped your vault and lost your data. Please let us know, and we'll go from there. Thanks!

ref: OPI-3396

This discussion has been closed.