Import from firefox (OnePassword.sqlite) [Cannot export from the old Firefox extension]

Options
facet_
facet_
Community Member
edited May 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,

I have a big problem so far was using 1Password only as an extension for firefox (1Password - 3.9.20) installed standalone program without 1Password. I bought your last update to version 4.6.0 but after installing I am not able to import data from a file OnePassword.sqlite. I installed the old version of 1Password 3.9.20 as a standalone program, but the data are visible only in firefox but the program has nothing to do and do not know how to import firefox to 1Password. I found a page https://support.1password.com/export-extension-data/ on the link https://agilebits.com/extension/test/export_data but it does not work (no pages). Help please. Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: 3.9.20
Extension Version: 3.9.20
OS Version: windows 7/windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:export-extension-data, ug:windows/export

Comments

• facet_
    facet_
    Community Member
    Options

Please help, I'm sitting on the third day without positive effects

• MikeT
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @facet_,

There is no support for exporting from Firefox in the old extensions, it is limited to Safari and Chrome as mentioned in the guide.

Can you give me a rough guess of how many items there is in the 1Password for Firefox extension?

Also, can you look into your Documents > 1Password directory, do you see a Backups folder in there? If yes, go into it, do you see any old backups created a while ago when you were using the 1Password extension in Firefox with the main 1Password program installed?

What do you mean three day, did you send us an email 3 days ago? This thread was only created a day ago and I see an email you sent 2 hours ago but nothing else. I'd like to look at the older one if it has more information.

ref: DDP-39686-764

• facet_
    facet_
    Community Member
    Options

hello MikeT,

Unfortunately I do not have a folder backup because I had installed the main program. I used only plug into firefox. I have only access to the file OnePassword.sqlite. I am of virtual machine installed windows 7 with the old 1Password but by itself does not see the data stored in the plug firefox.
    I have about 300-350 items in the database

writing this I mean that three days looking for a solution to export a data firefox plugin to the old or the new version.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @fact_,

It is not technically possible to use the Firefox extension without initially creating the vault in the main program, so there should've been a backup created when it sync'ed the database from the main 1Password program to the extension.

In that virtual machine with the old 1Password running even without the Firefox data, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• facet_
    facet_
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

hi MikeT

I emailed report. As I said two years I used ONLY extensions for firefox, NO 1Password installed. At the moment, after the diagnostic report also uninstalled for testing purposes 1Password program, leaving only an extension to Firefox. Everything from the firefox works great (data are visible). Thank you and best regards

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @facet_,

I've got the email and will reply to you there.

ref: HEJ-86197-722

This discussion has been closed.