1Password as authenticator for a permanent second password

Options
Lance Lawton
Lance Lawton
Community Member

I have a self-hosted WP website which I use for blogging and podcasting. I have it setup with Sucuri.net's CloudProxy service to prevent BruteForce attacks and the like. Within my CloudProxy settings I have my login page protected with a second stage password. It's a permanent password generated by the Sucuri server, not a OTP. I've entered it into my 1PW login record using "password" as distinct from "one-time password" in the dropdown menu thingy.

Now -- if I login to my WP admin I get the expected popup from CloudProxy asking for the second stage password. I know I can go into 1PW and manually copy the password and then paste it into the popup. I'm just wondering / hoping whether there is - or could be - a way to do it more smoothly. I don't imagine just tapping cmd-\ would work, as that would presumably take me to a new browser tab and try to log me in again? What 1PW seems to do with the popup is drop in my account username, which is obviously not what I want.

Is there, or could there be, a way to configure 1PW so it drops my second stage password into the popup?

btw - I ideally need this to work the same with the iOS app.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb-search:2fa, kb:one-time-passwords

Comments

• chadseld
    Options

Hi Lance,

If I understand correctly, you have a regular username/password page, followed by an additional password page?

With these multi-stage logins, we typically recommend creating two 1Password "Login" items, one for the first page, and one for the second page.

If the URL of the login matches the domain of the URL of the current browser window, 1Password will not open a new tab, but will fill in the existing tab -- so Cmd-\ should work for you.

When you create the second login, click the "show web form details" button and make sure there is a field designated as the password but no field designated as the username.

I hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.