I want to bring in a nos. document into 1passwd so if someone gets into my Mac it stays private

Options
desertwind1
desertwind1
Community Member

I have a 40 page numbers document for investments etc. which I would love to transfer into secure notes??? or some place in One password. I don't want someone getting into my computer and seeing the information in this document. I add to the document as interest checks etc. come in. I need to be able to continue to use it as numbers document once in One Password. Is this a possibility? My Apple instructor and I could not find information on how to do this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:forgot-master-password, kb-search:phone contact, kb-search:hoe to bring a document into one password, kb:import

Comments

• desertwind1
    desertwind1
    Community Member
    Options

have no idea what you want here

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@desertwind1 1Password is not designed primarily for storage of confidential documents (there are other solutions for that—like creation of an OS X encrypted disk image, for example). You can add documents to 1Password as attachments, of course, but there are two things you need to remember in that context:

1. There's a limit on the size of the document you can add (I think it's about 5MB)—which is designed to keep control of the size of the 1Password database for those who need to sync (perhaps sometimes using cellular data).
    2. You can't directly edit a document stored in 1Password. If you need to edit it you have to remove it from 1Password, edit it and then add back the edited file to 1Password.

Stephen

• ag_kevin
    Options

Hi @desertwind1 ,

As Stephen mentioned, that document might be too large to store as an item attachment in 1Password. And if you will be editing it, you may find it cumbersome.

I like his suggestion of an encrypted disk image. You can store the password to that image inside 1Password, and store your document inside that image.

Note that while that disk image is open and unlocked, anyone with access to your computer could still read the documents inside it, but it's probably the best way to go in your situation.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• desertwind1
    desertwind1
    Community Member
    Options

****_1. * _

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:chuffed: