master password works on mac book pro but will not work on ipad

Options
markrgeddis
markrgeddis
Community Member

master password works on mac book pro but will not work on ipad, I use the exact same master password, even tried it without the bluetooth keyboard and went directly onto the touchscreen. Still did nothing.
The master password has worked in the past

1Password Version: 6.2.1(621001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X El Capitan
Sync Type: Icloud
Referrer: forum-search:master password works on mac book pro but will not work on ipad

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @markrgeddis,

Since you're having trouble with the iOS version of 1Password, I've moved your message to our iOS forum. I hope you don't mind!

I'm sorry to hear your master password seems to have stopped working on your iPad! We have some tips which might help in this knowledgebase article: My Master Password is not being accepted. What should I do?

If the tips there don't help, have you changed the master password from 1Password on your Mac at all recently? And if so, are you entering the new or old master password on the iPad?

Alternately, is it possible you've switched the iOS keyboard layout to another language/region? If so, that might cause a problem.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.