How can I fix the 1password4 firefox browser extension?

Options

In Firefox 45.0.2 my browser extension opens 1password4 not the helper. If I attempt to remove and reinstall the extension the same thing happens. If I remove the extension, then open 1password4, it thinks the extension is still installed. How can I completely remove the extension so that I can reinstall it to get it to work.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:uninstall-v3-extension, kb-search:1password extension opens 1 password, kb:uninstall-v3-extension, kb-search:cannot uninstall browser extension, kb:cannot-install-extension

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jhugery,

It will open the main program if it detects Helper is not running, so 1Password can then starts Helper if it is not detected as well.

Try this:

1. Open the main 1Password program and go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper
    2. Restart Firefox and see if 1Password works now in Firefox, it should bring up the 1Password extension's UI now.
  • jhugery
    jhugery
    Community Member
    Options

That did it. Thanks.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jhugery,

That's great to hear. To make sure it stays fixed for good, please reboot your computer when you have a free moment and try 1Password in Firefox again to see if it still works. If yes, you're all good to go.

This discussion has been closed.