Cannot add logins to Apple Watch with a paid families account. Option doesn't exist

Options
CDiddy
CDiddy
Community Member

Cannot add 1password items to Apple Watch. I've already uninstalled the iOS app and the watch app and reinstalled. Still same issue. It doesn't even appear as an option per article on your website. I have a paid 1p families account.

1Password Version: 6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: Families
Referrer: ug:ios/apple-watch-setup, kb:pro-features-faq

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @CDiddy,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Our Apple Watch app was designed prior to the release of 1Password Families, and we have not yet been able to add support for it to the Watch app. In fact at present the Watch app only supports displaying items from the Primary vault.

We hope to rectify this in a future update, but I do not have any sort of a timeline to share.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Ben

• signe
    signe
    Community Member
    Options

Ditto this problem. Doesn't work from Families or Teams.

This seems to be a shortcoming of the iOS app, not the watch app, since that's where the "sending" happens. I don't understand why this wouldn't have been resolved when Teams was added to iOS.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @signe,

It isn't just a shortcoming of 1Password Teams and Families. 1Password for Apple Watch can only display items from the Primary vault, which means it also cannot display items that are in secondary vaults synced by Dropbox / Wi-Fi. We do hope to re-engineer the Watch app to address this concern, but as I mentioned unfortunately I don't have any sort of a timeframe to offer on that.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.