Is there any way to stop 1Password from storing a password for a particular site?

Options

My bank (www.westpac.com.au) uses an on-screen keyboard to enter my password. Every time I click a letter on the on-screen keyboard, I get the "Save Login" dialogue box which I have to cancel 6 times every time I try to log into my bank account.

Is there a way to tell 1Password not to try and store a password for a particular URL so I can survive my online banking experience.

Thanks
Chris

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Is there any way to stop 1password trying to store a password on a particular site'

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @christomkins,

I can imagine how annoying that must be! The good news is that yes, you can keep 1Password from asking to save your login in a particular domain. Go to Preferences in 1Password, and then click on Browsers. Under "Autosave" you'll see that there's a text box where you can add the domains that you want to exclude. Just add your bank to the list and you won't have to deal with the dialogue box on it anymore!

Please let me know how this goes for you! :chuffed:

• christomkins
    christomkins
    Community Member
    Options

That worked! Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Wonderful! Thanks for following up to let us know. :+1:

• Mike Boadle
    Mike Boadle
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem (same bank actually), but this didn't work for me. Any ideas?

• Mike Boadle
    Mike Boadle
    Community Member
    Options

I think that what is needed is a "Not ever" button in addition to the "Not now" button in the dialogue box.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mike Boadle: I'm not sure I understand. You're saying that Pilar's suggestion of excluding the domain in 1Password Preferences > Browsers > Autosave (except on the following domains) does not prevent it from prompting you to save?

Also, there's a shortcut to do this in the Autosave prompt itself, if you click the gear icon:

If you're still having trouble, be sure to let us know the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, and the exact URL where you're running into this issue. Thanks in advance!

• Mike Boadle
    Mike Boadle
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, Pilar's suggestion didn't work for me (see attached grab of Preferences and screen shot).

The good news however is that your suggestion of using the shortcut did work, and I can now login to my bank without problems.

For information, I am running:
    OS X 10.11.6 on a late 2009 iMac
    Chrome Version 54.0.2840.71 (64-bit),
    1Password 6 Version 6.3.5 (635001) AgileBits Store

https://banking.westpac.com.au/wbc/banking/handler?TAM_OP=login&referrer=http://www.westpac.com.au/personal-banking/

Many thanks for your assistance with the solution.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad that worked, @Mike Boadle. Thanks for sharing the URL. You might be interested in this thread where we discuss St. George and Bank of Melbourne, which are both owned by Westpac. The reason 1Password continues to prompt to save on these sites is because of the way Westpac's system transforms your password in the password field makes it look like a new account when 1Password receives the autosave notice. I hope that helps explain the situation a little bit.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.