URL as IP address not recognised

Options
omar
omar
Community Member

I added an additional URL to a login, this time using its IP address. It's the login for a local NAS.
The Chrome extension cannot associate the current IP with the newly added login, therefore the login doesn't show up and I have to search for it manually.

This is what I have in 1P:

Is it a bug?

Comments

• Hi @omar,

I'm not certain that this is a bug.
    Is the login window of the NAS a HTTP-Auth prompt that appears as a new window over the browser window or is it a website?
    The latter should work nicely, at least it does so for me when I log into my NAS.

If it is indeed a HTTP-Auth prompt, you can configure 1Password to use Auto-Type to help you log into the NAS quickly.

Please let us know if this helps!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @omar,

Please make sure you have Enable Multiple URLs checked in 1Password's settings. To get here, open the main 1Password program, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Preferences > Logins. Check the box next to Enable Multiple URLs and press OK to save the change.

That should then work to bring up the same item on a second site.

• omar
    omar
    Community Member
    Options

The cause was the option mentioned by @MikeT
    I enabled it and it works perfectly.

I wonder however, why is it disabled by default? Ease of use would justify it enabled as default.

• Because enabling it requires a different approach when loading and decrypting items in the application that can lead to performance drawbacks on older machines. For login items it also isn't necessary in the majority of the cases.

That being said, we're rethinking this at the moment, so you might not see this in a future version of 1Password anyway.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @omar,

This is only an option for the older agilekeychain files, the newer OPVault format don't use this setting or more specifically, it is enabled by default already.

Basically, it slows down the whole process of finding the right Login item on every single site, since we have to decrypt each item and scan its entire list of URL instead of just grabbing the first URL quickly.

Most folks are not storing more than one URL, so having this enabled by default doesn't justify the performance degradation.

We've already gotten rid of this for the next major version of 1Password we're working on, so it doesn't exist anymore.

This discussion has been closed.