How do I export a vault from 1Password for Teams using the Web UI?

Options
ceagan
ceagan
Community Member

We would like to be able to have a local backup of our password data stored in the 1Password for Teams environment which is accessible using a local application. This could be a 1Password database file which could be opened by the 1Password for Windows application or a simple CSV export, which we could encrypt locally using a different encryption method.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I export a vault from the Web UI on 1Password for Teams?

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @ceagan! Good question. 1Password.com doesn't currently support exporting. The only thing that does, and also supports 1Password Teams, is the Mac app. We're still working out the best way to add this to the web and Windows apps. That being said, we're looking into a better way of doing local backups than with an unencrypted CSV. That's just an export, and backups are a different story. There's been a bit of discussion about this previously, and I'd recommend reading this thread for some details on the status of things: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/52722/backing-up-teams-data

We're hoping to have something better in the future, but right now if you'd like to export things from just the web app, copy and paste is the only option. Hope that helps!

• ceagan
    ceagan
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the update. The linked discussion was very helpful. It seems that we are not alone in wanting to have the capability to export our data from 1Password for Teams for our own data security. I agree with the point about securing the data where someone with access could export all the passwords and then they wouldn't lose access to them, but it seems to me that if someone is ever given access to a password, you would want to change it anyway once access was revoked. We are very interested in the seeing an export feature in a future update to the product.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ceagan,

You are definitely not alone. And it's absolutely something on our list. We want happy customers, not trapped ones. :)

…it seems to me that if someone is ever given access to a password, you would want to change it anyway once access was revoked.

Indeed. That would be our recommendation.

This discussion has been closed.