chrome browser has disabled my 1password extension, how to correct this?

Options
D999
D999
Community Member

google chrome has all of a sudden disabled my 1password extension, I have been using this browser with the extension for about a year. When I go to the extensions manager I am unable to reenable it, this is what they are saying I have to do to get it enabled

"Use disabled extensions
If you need to use a disabled extension, you can contact the extension’s developer and ask them to upload their extension to the Chrome Web Store. This will allow you, and other people who use Chrome, to install that extension from the Chrome Web Store, or if you already have it installed, to manually re-enable it from your list of extensions."

Can you help me with this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password removed from chrome

Comments

• rudy
    Options

Hi @d999,

Thanks for writing in with your question.

I think we need a little more information to be able to figure out what happened.

What version of Chrome?
    What version of 1Password?
    What version of the 1Password extension?

Rudy

• puzzledinAG
    puzzledinAG
    Community Member
    Options

I just got the same message today from Google
    I have Google Version 49.0.2623.112 (64-bit)
    I have 1password version 3.8.22 (build 32010)
    I'm not sure how to find the extension #

Is your product available at their Chrome Web store?
    What's the next step?

• rudy
    Options

Hi @puzzledinAG,

It sounds like you might've possibly installed the browser extension prior to the chrome web store and they recently started disabling extensions that were installed that way.

If you go into your chrome extension settings and uninstall the disabled plugin, and then install the 1Password 3 extension it should get you back up and running again.

Let me know if you have any additional questions and have a great weekend! :)

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.