1PW extension and eBay quirk

Options

Despite being logged in already, every time I click on anything in eBay the 1PW extension opens up and blocks my window. Somehow eBay elements are triggering the extension to dropdown over and over again.

1Password Version: 6.21
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @maximus,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

If you close the eBay tab and open a new one, what happens if you just manually type eBay.com into the address bar? Do you still see the problem? Could you give me the exact steps to reproduce the problem?

I am wondering if you are using the Open & Fill feature to visit eBay, but you are already logged in. In that case, 1Password is still trying to find the username and password field it was never able to fill in.

Please let me know. I'd love to get to the bottom of this for you.

Cheers!

• maximus
    maximus
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it may have to do with the fact that the Apple OS keychain is autofilling the login before 1P. I'll experiment first with what you suggest and changing the 1P login behaviour. Cheers.

• Jacob
    Options

@maximus Sounds good. Browser autofill can definitely interfere with things. Disable that and let us know if the issue keeps happening. I'd also suggest checking the website address in the eBay item. Make sure it's for the eBay log in page, which is https://signin.ebay.com otherwise things may be wonky. Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.