Failed to Unlock. Cannot load keychain profile

Options
Sroewer
Sroewer
Community Member

Was running 1Password 3.8.2. My drive was failing so it was replaced and I was upgraded to El Capitan. When that happened 3.8.2 wouldn't work properly. I downloaded 1Password 6, and i can't get it to open. I get the error Failed to Unlock. Cannot load Keychain Profile. I had selected the old keychain profile in Dropbox.

I had a uninstalled extensions in the browsers. Any idea on how to get into the vault or import my old stuff into this newer vault?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:uninstall-v3-extension, kb-search:failed to load keychain, kb-search:failed to load, kb-search:cannot load, kb:import

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Sroewer did you follow the exact procedure outlined in this knowledge base article?

How to upgrade 1Password for Mac from version 3

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Sroewer,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with 1Password. Let’s take a look at your system and see if we can determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• wukovits
    wukovits
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same issue, can I submit a Diagnostics Report to that email as well?

• Hi @wukovits ,

Yes, please follow the instructions above. If your situation is even a little bit different, please describe your scenario in the email when you send it in.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.