new login management issue

I'm curious about when to create/manage a login... As an example when I check 1P for Agilebits, I see I have created 3 logins in the past:
1 for store, 1 for support, 1 for registration. So at least I don't need the registration one. This can happen on other sites also.

Q: What is the best way to approach for When to add a login?
Q: What is the best way to approach cleaning these up / merging these afterward?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.2.1 (621002) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Generally, the best place to save a Login is on the actual sign in page for the site. This enables things like open and fill to work seamlessly. If you end up with multiple Logins, the best bet is to save a new Login manually from the sign in page (Use a distinct name so you can easily distinguish it in the main application.) and then delete the other Logins.

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member

OK will do. I just have to get in the habit of skipping the other times when it asks me...

Here's a question: Let's say you register at a new site and put in a complex login & complex pass using the pass generator - but do NOT store new login as you described. How are we supposed to remember that until we sign in maybe days later?

Or should we go ahead and store the registration record and then later just edit the url to be the sign in page?

What's best for this issue?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Any password you generate in 1Password will be available in the Passwords section of the main 1Password application. When you bring up the password generator in your browser, if you have any generated passwords for that site, you should see a "History for sitename.com" menu at the bottom of the generator to give you easy access to the previously created passwords.

I hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.