Options

When I log into gmail - it starts with login then asks for pass....

sometimes I have to go back 2x into 1p and choose the gmail account a second time (sometime i do not)...

Q: what is the best way to work with this newer 2 part gmail login
( this is NOT 2 factor) just LOG/Pass

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: latest
Sync Type: db

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @dealtek. The simplest way to deal with the Google sign in process is to create a Login in 1Password with both the username and password. If you're prompted for the username and password separately, you will indeed need to invoke 1Password multiple times, but you can skip the mouse by using the Command-\ keyboard shortcut.

I hope that helps!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

ok. is this gmail that is making us do this twice?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Some sites split the login process across two pages while others simply hide the second step and use Javascript to move from one step to the next. Given the way 1Password works right now, each page load (the first scenario) is like a whole new world and it's necessary to invoke 1Password multiple times. Many financial sites do this as well. In the second scenario, such as on Tumblr's current sign in process, 1Password can fill all the steps at once but then you still need to click through the steps to finish the sign in process. Trying to understand filling across multiple page loads is theoretically possible and would be nice when it worked properly, but it would also be really easy for 1Password to get this wrong and keep trying to fill your details.

I hope that makes sense!

This discussion has been closed.