Can not remove member from group

Options
georgexsh
georgexsh
Community Member

got error message:

Failed to remove group membership.
One manager of the Owner's group must remain. Please add another manager of the Owner's group and try again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:remove from group

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@georgexsh: This is going to sound like a silly question, but I have to ask it just to make sure I'm on the same page with you here: how many members are in the Owner group when you attempt to remove them? If the answer is "more than one", it sounds like we have a weird bug there! :dizzy:

• Hi @georgexsh

Can you please make sure that there is also more than one member of the Admin group as well. The Admin group can often be overlooked but it is necessary to make sure that more than one Admin remains as well.

• Jacob
    Options

@georgexsh Thanks for the update. I just typed a large reply about group management and had to delete it when I saw yours. :lol: Anyway, glad you got things worked out!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Absolutely! 1Password Teams access controls are really useful tools, but making it clear how all of it works is no easy task. My comment to penderworth earlier was, "This is why 1Password Families doesn't work this way." We'll continue to work to improve this. Thanks so much for the feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.