Synapse website reporting error

Trying to login to Washington Post with email. I get an error message "oops, something went wrong..." Happens everytime for past week

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.2.1 (621001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:report website, kb:report-website

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @RickinColorado. I'm sorry for the late reply. Are you saying you had an issue filling a site and then clicked Report Website Issue and saw this error in Synapse? I think that's what you're saying but I want to confirm.

That being said, I did take a look at the Washington Post site. Here is the sign in page I used. I saved a new Login manually and then refreshed the page. This Login filled for me. I also created a Login for the same page using the main 1Password application and this filled fine for me as well.

Could you give that a try and see if it helps? If you still have trouble, could you please let us know more about the issue? Is 1Password filling the details and then the site is rejecting them? (I don't have a valid account, so the tests above come with an expectation that actually submitting the credentials would fail…) I'm wondering if the site added some validations for some fields like the password length or something that could be mistakenly thwarting your sign in process.

I hope that helps. Let us know what you find.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• RickinColorado
    RickinColorado
    Community Member

Hi Jamie - your suggested login page worked just now but it looked just like the one I used before. Yes, the error message was from the synapse site.

Thanx

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update, @RickinColorado. Sometimes sites don't change the styling of a page but change something else about the page that trips 1Password. That being said, we're making 1Password better and better at handling when the page changed or the user didn't save the Login from the browser extension at all. In any case, I'm glad the site is working for you now. We will look into the Synapse errors soon.

This discussion has been closed.