Trouble saving a new login using iOS app

Options
bilcastine
bilcastine
Community Member

I migrated from a Dropbox synced database to a Families account. I've tried to create app passwords within the iOS app but each time I try, I cannot find the login after saving. Today, searching this support site, I saw a few references to selecting a particular vault when creating logins, so I checked my settings. It turns out, my default vault for saving new logins was the old "Primary" vault, which is still connected and syncing through Dropbox "just in case…" but hidden in the in the "All Vaults" list. When I selected the old "Primary" vault, the logins I created manually in iOS were there. I'd expect not to be able to create a brand-new login in a vault that wasn't currently visible. Perhaps show a warning when this happens or when hiding the default save vault would have helped me make better choices.

1Password Version: 6.4 iOS
Extension Version: n.a
OS Version: iOS 9.3.1
Sync Type: Families account/Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:create login ios

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bilcastine thanks for taking the time to let us know about this issue. I can see how that would be frustrating, and I'll pass it along :)

• esimkowitz
    esimkowitz
    Community Member
    Options

Are there plans to fix this? Maybe a Default Vault setting? I am also having this issue and it seems like a somewhat trivial fix...

• Ben
    Options

Hi @esimkowitz

There is indeed such a setting:

1Password > Settings > Vaults > All Vaults > Vault for Saving.

Additionally if you no longer need any local vaults (you are only using 1Password Families vaults) you can uninstall/reinstall the app and sign into your 1Password Families account. Then you'll only have your 1Password Families vaults within the app.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.