1Password not accepting Dropbox folder.

Options
alcoons
alcoons
Community Member

After years of perfect 1Password synching, Dropbox is no long being updated with new 1Password logins on my desktop Mac. I did check and Dropbox itself is fine and up-to-date. 1Password/Preferences/Sync indicates "None" for synching. When I select Dropbox Synch and then Choose my Dropbox folder and click OPEN, nothing is added to the Dropbox Sync dialog. In other words, it does not show where to find the Dropbox folder. Rebooted my computer last night. Dropbox is working fine

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:sync-options, ug:mac/sync-dropbox, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting

Comments

• rudy
    Options

Hi @alcoons,

what happens if you select the agilekeychain or opvault file in your dropbox folder directly instead of selecting the dropbox folder itself?

Rudy

• alcoons
    alcoons
    Community Member
    Options

Worked like a charm.
    Did I miss read the directions or are you just magician?

Thanks so much,

Al

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news @alcoons! Thanks for confirming it worked when you selected the specific sync file from Dropbox. Rudy may or may not be a magician, but in this case it sounds like 1Password simply had some trouble determining the exact sync file when you chose the main Dropbox folder (although I'm not exactly sure why).

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.