trouble with login require two username

Options

Hi,
i am having trouble with this login
https://ibbweb.tecmarket.it/tmibbwebsecurity/05034/login.aspx
it requires two username and a password.
Codice utente means user code and as you can see it's split in two field.
1password correctly stores all the information but only fill the second one.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: win10 and chrome
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @S.Malacarne. I tried looking into this but I can't get the site to load for me. But, generally if a site requires more than a single username and password combination, you need to make sure that the Login is saved from the browser extension. Here's a good set of reliable steps. If you save a new Login for the page like that, does it help?

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• S.Malacarne
    S.Malacarne
    Community Member
    Options

Are you sure you can't load the page? i can load it (i also tried in TOR Browser and it opens just fine).

I follow the steps you post with no success.

Hope someone can give a look at that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

@S.Malacarne: I don't think he would have said that if he wasn't sure. ;)

Oddly enough, it doesn't seem to be loading for me either. It looks like it will, so I'll give it some time and come back to it to see if it does eventually. Are there a lot of scripts loading there or something? :unamused:

Update: It took at least 5 minutes, but it finished. When I first posted, it was still completely blank.

I can now see what you were referring to. The problem seems to be that the IDs are random strings, so 1Password isn't able to easily recognize the saved webform details as matching to fill the form:

We'll see if there's something we can do to improve this. Thanks so much for bringing it to our attention! :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @S.Malacarne,

Unfortunately brenty is correct. The site is generating a random string for each field and using that string for both the HTML name and ID attributes and it does this each time you reload the page. In short it's completely messing with our ability to fill. We might have stood a chance except you need it to fill two arbitrary text fields.

I suspect the best you can hope for here is that you set the username field to the second part as I suspect we'll always fill the field just before the password field with the username. This, combined with setting the submit option to Never submit (it's visible only when you're editing the Login item) would at least afford you the chance to copy and paste the first part of the username into the first field.

We'll look into the site but this one may be outside of 1Password's current reach :(

ref: BRAIN-254

• S.Malacarne
    S.Malacarne
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Thank you very much for looking at this and for your answer.
    Sadly this particular home banking is a bit paranoic ... after the login with user/user2/password it requires you to enter the number from OTP device (every time...) on a screen keyboard with randomize button position :dizzy:

and BTW this is the best tech support i ever had. You guys are awesome.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you very much for looking at this and for your answer.

@S.Malacarne: You're totally welcome! I'm only sorry that we don't have a good solution to offer you right now. :blush:

Sadly this particular home banking is a bit paranoic ... after the login with user/user2/password it requires you to enter the number from OTP device (every time...) on a screen keyboard with randomize button position :dizzy:

That's crazy! I've seen these "security" measures employed separately, but never combined with such ferocity... :scream:

and BTW this is the best tech support i ever had. You guys are awesome.

Wow. Thank you for such high praise! We'll keep striving to live up to that. "Best tech support" is quite a high bar you've set for us! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.