What is the latest version of 1P for iOS 7?

DavidB
DavidB
Community Member

I am an experienced 1Password for Mac user but am an ignoramus about iOS.

I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1.2, the latest version it will run. What version of 1Password should I use? (I have an old copy of 1Password 4 for iOS that I have never used.)

I read in another thread that Agile does not recommend using legacy versions of 1P.
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/50076/how-can-i-download-1password-for-the-iphone-4-ios-7-1-2-of-my-mother-version-6-requires-ios9

Does that mean I shouldn't use 1Password with that iPhone?

Thank you,

David

1Password Version: 4 for iOS
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 7.1.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:latest version for ios 7

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DavidB: You will only be able to run 1Password 4 on iOS 7. Using a legacy version of 1Password is not ideal, but it's less of a concern than using a legacy operating system which is no longer receiving security fixes.

In order to use 1Password 4 though, you'll need to jump through a few hoops because of the way the App Store works. The easiest way to install it is by "purchasing" 1Password 6 in iTunes on a computer. Then when you open the App Store on your iPhone, you should be able to download 1Password from Updates > Purchased, and this will give you the newest compatible version: 1Password 4.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.