why am i getting spinning beach ball when logging in to 1password after upgrading to el capitan

Options
tsnisland2
tsnisland2
Community Member

Thanks for your attention, .. My question pretty much describes my problem with logging in to 1password except to say that I've never seen this before & I have only one copy of this application on board, ...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:why am i getting spinning beach ball when logging in to 1password after upgrading to el capitan

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Does the beachball go away after a while? If so, how long?

Other threads in the forum on this issue indicate that there is a bug that has been squashed in a recent beta version, so there should be no problem when the next update is released.

For the moment, every so often(every few days) quit 1PW and 1PW Mini.

Of course there could be a different problem, but this seems the most likely.

• tsnisland2
    tsnisland2
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, .. It does go away after awhile, just the lingering of it that is unusual - I've restarted my computer after receiving your post & the beach ball didn't appear - I'll follow your advice & see what develops, .. Much appreciated, ..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tsnisland2: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the exact OS, 1Password, and browser versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you having this problem in a single browser, or multiple? Thanks in advance! :)

• tsnisland2
    tsnisland2
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Brenty, ... Well, ... it seems the blasted beach ball is haunting my days still, ... I am using Mac OS X version 10.11.4 with 1Password version 6.2.1 and I use Firefox version 46.0.1. I really don't use any other browsers, ...

I log in to 1Password form the tool bar icon as always in the past, the menu drops down & the beach ball commences its spin, or, sometimes it starts to spin before the menu even drops down, ... Carries on for long enough to be bothersome, especially when it always was rather instantaneous, ...

Thank you for you attention to my problem, .. Much appreciated, ..

All the best, ..

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tsnisland2,

Does the beach-balling happen after entering your master password to unlock 1Password mini/extension? Or does it happen as soon as you click on the 1Password mini/extension icon? If a delay happens after entering your master password, it sounds like you might be running into the issue explained in this forum announcement: Experiencing slow unlock issues with 1Password 6? Please read this.

Even if that's not the exact problem you're having, please try restarting 1Password mini by opening the main 1Password app and going to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Does it work better after doing that, or do you immediately have the same problem?

This discussion has been closed.