Mini content differs from main app

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: item count of folder is wrong.

Comments

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member
    Options

The contents of the folders are different between the full app and mini

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.2.1 (621002) AgileBits Store
    Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
    OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
    Sync Type: Local
    Referrer: forum-search:Contents of Folder different between full 1Password and Mini

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@jjstipe the first thing to do is this. In the main app, edit one of the items that is missing from 1P mini and check the display field towards the bottom of the main pane showing the item's details. Ensure that is set to Always. Does that help?

Stephen

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member
    Options

I checked 3 of them and yes, Always is chosen. They are still missing in Mini

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jjstipe,

Thanks for checking that. As another quick test, open the main 1Password app and find one of the items that appears in both the app and in mini, and make a small change to that item (for example, add a word to the 'notes' field). Remember to click Save once you've made the change, then check that item's details in mini. Does the change show up there?

If changes to the main app aren't showing in mini, is it possible you have two different 1Password apps on your Mac? Please check the Applications folder - if you see more than one 1Password app there, what are their names?

On the other hand, if changes in the main app appear in mini, please try restarting 1Password mini: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. You'll need to unlock 1Password again. After that, does mini show the items you expect to see in that folder? If not, are you able to find the "missing" items by doing a search in mini, or by looking in the item categories instead of the folders?

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Changed name of item in main app, change showed in mini. Changed name back, change showed in mini. There is only one 1Password app in the applications folder.

Restarted mini. No change.

The items are in the correct folders in the main app. They are not in the folders in mini.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @jjstipe! That definitely helps to narrow down the cause of the problem.

I'm starting to wonder if there might be a problem with that 'Apple' folder. You can try the following to see if that's the case:

• In the main 1Password app, go to File > New Folder (give the new folder a name, or leave it as the default).
    • Choose the 'Apple' folder and select all the items in that folder (right-click on one item and choose Select All).
    • Drag those items to the new folder (once you do that, the 'Apple' folder should be empty).
    • Open 1Password mini and check the new folder to see if it shows all the items.

Does the new folder show all of the items? If so, you can either move the items back to their original folder to see if it now works correctly, or you can delete the old folder and keep the items in the new folder (and rename it to match the old one).

Please let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member
    Options

Thats seemed to work, but that means all of my folders are messed up. Is that the only way to fix them?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jjstipe,

I'm glad to hear that worked!

...but that means all of my folders are messed up. Is that the only way to fix them?

Are you having the same problem in other folders as well? I thought it was just the 'Apple' folder, but looking back at your original message, it sounds like maybe other folders are also having that problem. Unfortunately I don't know of any other way to fix that aside from moving the items to a new folder (and then either leaving them in the new folder or moving them back to the original, if that helps).

This sort of issue seems to happen quite rarely, but in the few other instances I've seen, I believe the problem may have been due to an old bug from an older version. If so, that bug has long since been fixed, so new folders won't have the same issue. However, existing folders that were originally affected by that bug may still be problematic. It sounds like you have a lot of folders, in which case I really apologize for the inconvenience! You of course don't need to do anything for folders that aren't having a problem, but for the ones that are, it sounds like you'll need to move their items to a new folder.

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member
    Options

New folders created. Issue seems resolved.

Thanks!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jjstipe, I'm glad to hear that it's been resolved! On behalf of Drew and Kevin, you're welcome, if there's anything else that we can help you with don't hesitate to ask! :chuffed:

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member
    Options

This seems to be a problem again. All of the folders are showing the wrong items in the mini app

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jjstipe,

Sorry to hear the problem has returned!

Originally, it seemed to be an issue for at least some of your existing folders, but new folders worked correctly. Is the problem now happening in the new folders you created? Or is it only happening for older folders you hadn't replaced a couple months ago? (Or both?)

And just to make sure we still understand, when you say 1Password mini shows "the wrong items" in folders, do you mean the items that are shown are fine, but other items that are supposed to be in those folders are missing? If not, what exactly is "wrong" with the items in those folders?

Since it has been a couple months, can you please let us know the current version of the OS on your Mac and the version of the 1Password app you're using?

Thanks in advance! :)

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member
    Options

Originally, it seemed to be an issue for at least some of your existing folders, but new folders worked correctly. Is the problem now happening in the new folders you created? Or is it only happening for older folders you hadn't replaced a couple months ago? (Or both?)

I recreated all of the folders, so it is occurring on all new folders.

And just to make sure we still understand, when you say 1Password mini shows "the wrong items" in folders, do you mean the items that are shown are fine, but other items that are supposed to be in those folders are missing? If not, what exactly is "wrong" with the items in those folders?

The items that do show are in the correct folders. The folders do not show all of the items that they should be showing.

Since it has been a couple months, can you please let us know the current version of the OS on your Mac and the version of the 1Password app you're using?

Mac version 10.11.5, 1Password version Version 6.3.1 (631006) AgileBits Store

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @jjstipe! It's very strange that the problem is happening to all the new folders you created. I know you had a lot of folders that you needed to recreate last time, so I apologize for the inconvenience!

To help us figure out why that's happening and how to stop it from happening again, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. :)

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member
    Options

FMK-43355-742

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @jjstipe! We received your Diagnostics Report, and I'll update the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

ref: FMK-43355-742

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member
    Options

10-4

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.