Can't download extensions - "can't establish a secure connection" with both Safari and Chrome

Options
sahunter
sahunter
Community Member

Can't download extensions - "can't establish a secure connection" with both Safari and Chrome in El Capitan. Has been happening for several days on both my desktop and laptop. Tried both from the app and directly from your website trying to access the downloads page.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:Can't download extensions - "can't establish a secure connection" with both Safari and Chrome

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sahunter,

Sorry to hear you've been unable to install the 1Password extension in Safari and Chrome!

Do you happen to use any anti-virus software on your Mac which has a web-scanning feature? We've seen similar problems happen when using software like that (Avast is one example that comes to mind, although there are others). If you have anti-virus software that might be causing this, you can try disabling it temporarily (or at least the web protection feature, including a browser extension if there is one) and then try again to install the 1Password extension.

Does that help at all? Let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

• sahunter
    sahunter
    Community Member
    Options

That was it! Thanks. On a Mac I think so little about viruses it just slipped my mind as a potential cause.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! I'm glad that solved the problem, thanks for following up to let us know. You should be all set now, but if you run into more problems or have any questions, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.