I'm a new user. Can't get 1Password to fill in password

Options

I am a new user using 1Password on a Chrome browser on Windows 10. I used 1Password to generate a password for my bank (Arvest Bank) but when I click on the login and choose the Arvest login, it generates a new window and takes me to the proper site, but nothing happens. How do I invoke the login ID and password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password won't fill in password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@slaglesenior: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, knowing the URL will probably help. Thanks in advance! :)

• slaglesenior
    slaglesenior
    Community Member
    Options

As I mentioned, I am using Chrome on Windows 10. The URL I am accessing is www.arvest.com. The 1Password button is an extension on Chrome.

I right click on the extension button for 1Password, then scroll down to logins, then choose the "Arvest" login. This action brings up a new tab and takes me to the Arvest login page. It does not fill in the user ID or password.

How do I get 1Password to complete the login?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@slaglesenior: Indeed. As I mentioned, it's helpful to know which 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using. Otherwise it's impossible for me to test it myself and offer you exact steps you can follow with your own setup.

Not having an account there, I was only able to test the main page of what I can imagine must be a multi-step process. This guide may help you with that aspect of it:

Using 1Password with login sequences split across multiple pages

However, I was able to save a new login and have 1Password fill it. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled
    9. Repeat to save and fill a new login for the second step

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• slaglesenior
    slaglesenior
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I was able to successfully complete the first 7 items on your list. Yesterday, I had 1Passsword generate a new password for this site. When I selected the new login from the extension, a new webpage opened and navigated to that site but nothing happened. I entered my user ID and pressed enter. When the box opened for my password, I right clicked, chose 1Password, then Arvest. It pasted into the password box, but it was the incorrect password.

Autosubmit is enabled.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @slaglesenior,

Since we're seeing different behavior, we need to confirm the right address you're using because we may be testing something else.

Is this the correct page you're using: https://www.arvest.com/personal/signon/logon

It pasted into the password box, but it was the incorrect password.

That might be caused by the auto-submit feature, many banks does not like this feature.

Try this:

1. Open the main 1Password program, unlock, and locate your item for Arvest Bank
    2. Look for this setting, Submit and set it to Never
    3. On the bottom, there's a table with your username/password. Look at the password, is it the correct one? If not, click on it to change it to the new password.
    4. Save it and then go to the bank's site manually, visit its username page and then ask 1Password to fill. You can use the shortcut, Control + \ to fill.

Let me know how it turns out.

• slaglesenior
    slaglesenior
    Community Member
    Options

That worked. Thank you.

Unfortunately, I have a new problem:

I attempted to sign in to my account at 1Password, and it says my account key is invalid. I copied and pasted the account key from the email I received from 1Password when I purchased the program.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @slaglesenior,

Are you trying to log into 1Password.com in your browser or are you using our Windows 10 Beta app?

• slaglesenior
    slaglesenior
    Community Member
    Options

I am trying to log in on my browser (Chrome) on a PC running Windows 10. I also tried to log in on my iPhone by typing in the account key. That also said the account key was invalid.

• MikeT
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @slaglesenior,

You said you copy/paste from the email, we do not send Account Keys to you, nor would it be included in any emails. This is generated for you locally when you set up 1Password Families for the first time and we would give you the option of saving the Emergency Kit file to print out. Did you ever do that?

1Password Account Keys start with A3-, if you're seeing OPWB-, 1PWW-, or something like that, that is your license key for 1Password, it is not to be used for 1Password Families.

• slaglesenior
    slaglesenior
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. That was my license key, not account key.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@slaglesenior: Sorry for the confusion! You won't have a 1Password Account unless you've signed up for 1Password Families (or Teams). It sounds like you purchased a license for the 1Password app, in which case you can use your license key from the email to register the app under Help > Enter License Key. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.