How to recover logins that were not saved due to the chrome extension bug

The following discussion describes a bug where the credentials saved by the chrome plugin were not being synced properly with the main 1password 3 app:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/24637/chrome-extension-not-syncing-with-1password-program

I estimate I have 50 or so sites which I was able to access via the chrome plugin but do not appear in the 1password app.

Recently Google has disabled the 1password 3.9 extension because it is no longer in the Chrome Web Store.

This means I no longer have access to 50+ sites.

Will you guarantee that if I purchase 1Password4 the old un-synced credentials will be accessible again? (I suspect it will just pull in the data from the agilekeychain which does not contain these credentials added by chrome)

If not, can you please explain how to recover access to my credentials. This is a very serious issue.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 3.9.21.90
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Filesystem

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mrlee ,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with 1Password! Let’s see what we can do to get this resolved for you.

Will you guarantee that if I purchase 1Password4 the old un-synced credentials will be accessible again?

If you’re using the latest version of OS X, then you’ll definitely want to be using the latest version of 1Password as well. You’ll get a much better experience, and in later versions of 1Password we’ve completely re-designed the extension to ensure that the problem that you mention never happens.

We can walk you through the process of recovering any unsynced items from your browser extension, but first we’ll need to take a closer look at your system to see what’s up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.