iOS devices not syncing with Mac

This discussion was created from comments split from: Syncing problem on Android and Mac.

Comments

• WDC
    WDC
    Community Member

I am having the same problem. I changed a password on my Mac, and it fails to sync to either my iPhone or my iPad. I tried syncing from the mobile devices, and it says syncing, but nothing happens and the last sync time just keeps increasing, but Time since last sync starts counting, but no sync took place. syncs. The sync stops. I too am using Dropbox. Once I finish the syncing process, the new password has not moved from my Mac. I just sent a Diagnostics Report. Version 6.3.BETA-21 (630021) OS X 10.11.5 Manual Sync from each iOS device iOS 9.3.2 iPW version 6.4 (on mobile devices). Also sent a diagnostic from my iPhone 6S.

• Hey @WDC. I've moved your comment to the iOS topic since it's related more to Mac and iOS than Android. :)

I wasn't able to locate any diagnostics reports from the email you're registered here with. Did you send it from another address? If so, can you copy and paste the support ticket ID number you see in the auto-response you should have received? That way we can dig up the reports and see what's going on here. Thanks!

• WDC
    WDC
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

#VMR-26267-326; #UGN-29712-355 My post had nothing to do with Android ... :) I sent a diagnostic from both my iPhone and My Mac. [email address removed by moderator] (second is an alias to the first, long story, but they are one in the same. I am registered, no doubt with [email address removed by moderator]) The move to iOS is fine ... we should be able to tell iPW to sync from the desktop app, I think. If it's there, I cannot find it. THANKS!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Hi @WDC, I see that Marshall has followed up with you via email, so we'll keep the conversation going there :)

ref: VMR-26267-326

• WDC
    WDC
    Community Member

Solved. Here is the answer:

While you have Dropbox syncing setup in both 1Password 6 for iOS and 1Password 6 for Mac, they are syncing to different 1Password data files in Dropbox:

iOS: Location on Dropbox: /1Password.agilekeychain
    Mac: Sync Keychain Path: ~/Dropbox/Apps/1Password/1Password.opvault

Let's get 1Password 6 for iOS syncing to the same 1Password data file that 1Password 6 for Mac is syncing to by doing the following steps:

1. Launch 1Password 6 for iOS
      2 Tap the following: Settings > Sync > Primary Vault > Sync Service > Change Dropbox > Disable Sync > your Dropbox account name
    2. Select the following 1Password data file in Dropbox: /Apps/1Password/1Password.opvault
    3. You may be asked to merge data files. Go ahead and do this.

THANKS ALL!!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of the team, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that you were able to setup sync with the same vault on each device. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.