Start over with Windows Beta [Data is in %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password]

Options
jhamer
jhamer
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

How do I start over with Windows beta? I uninstalled through Programs and Features, re-downloaded and reinstalled but it's pulling my vault data from somewhere. All accounts (Dropbox and Families) have been removed.

Background: I added my Families vault first, then my Dropbox vault. The app is defaulting to the Families vault and I need it to default to Dropbox and there doesn't appear to be a way to change the default vault yet. So, I tried removing both and adding them back in the order of preference but I'm stuck.

Thank you!

1Password Version: 2016.5.1801d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Dropbox, Families

Comments

• jhamer
    jhamer
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I'll answer my own question.

[Updated by MikeT to clarify the instruction]:

1. Enter %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password in Windows' File Explorer's address bar and it'll list the content of your 1Password folder.
    2. You can then move the 20160504.sqlite out of this folder or rename it and start 1Password, it'll start over.
  • MikeT
    Options

:smile:

Thanks for updating this thread and letting us know you're all good to go.

• pvilliger
    pvilliger
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem as I recently app to changed to a new account key (using 1Password for families). I don't seem to have the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\1Password folder. Is there another way to reset?

• architect1337
    architect1337
    Community Member
    Options

'adddata' is a hidden folder. You would need to change File Explorer to show hidden folders (the method varies depending on what version of Windows you using), make the changes, then hide hidden folders again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@architect1337, @pvilliger: Maybe I've changed something on my system, but it seems like while you cannot manually navigate to the hidden folder, it's possible to go to the folder directly just by typing it into the address bar in Windows File Explorer: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password. I hope this helps! :)

• MikeT
    edited July 2016
    Options

I've updated the original post and title to clarify things:

1. Enter %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password in Windows' File Explorer's address bar and it'll list the content of your 1Password folder.
    2. You can then move the 20160504.sqlite out of this folder or rename it and start 1Password, it'll start over.
  • MikeT
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi @pvilliger,

You don't need to reset the app's database, you can sign out and sign back into your 1Password account. To do this, click on Settings > Accounts & Vaults, hover over your current account to expand its menu and it'll show the Sign out button. Wait for it to remove the data and then use the same Settings > Accounts & Vaults menu to sign into the same 1Password account with the new updated account key.

We're going to add support for updating your account key/password in a future update, so that it'll know when it needs it and prompt you for the updated credentials.

This discussion has been closed.