How to...? Some questions on 1P. :)

Options
lock
lock
Community Member

Hi guys,

I love 1P, both on my Mac and iOS, but there are some things really difficult to do. Please help me to answer these questions:

-MAC-

1 - When I create an user on various website, not always 1P ask me if I want to create a new login item (as Safari does). If it doesn't, if I go to 1P mini > gear icon > create new login nothing happens. No record is added to 1P nor a popup window to manually insert new data appears. What's its use?

2 - I may be wrong but I think in some older 1P versions I could order the sections of an item. Now I can only change the position of the sub items. So, if I need to insert a new section on top, I need to manually move all data between sections.

3 - When I create a new vault I get horrible images inside the 1P icon. I don't want it, how to say "no thanks, give me the default one"?

4 - How to edit a vault? I'd like to change its name and/or icon but can't find a button or a menu anywhere.

5 - I can sync my main vault with iCloud but it seems I can't do the same with secondary ones. Only Dropbox is available. Is it normal?

• iOS -

6 - I use 1P on several devices without a problem, but on an old iPhone Mini 1 (with iOS 9.x.x) every time I launch it, I type the password, it gets stuck on "decrypting" for like 15 seconds (sometimes is faster) and then says "wrong password". I retype it and I can go in.
I'm using 1P for teams beta there, I don't know if it could be related (on my other iPhones and iPads everything is ok, thu).

Many thanks,
have a nice day,

Lock

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: OSX 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud and Dropox

Comments

• lock
    lock
    Community Member
    Options

Hmmm... I can't see an edit button, I'm adding this:

7 - How to add another dropbox vault to 1P for iOS?

• lock
    lock
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    • please delete, I'm a noob and didn't noticed the "edit" button :)
  • lock
    lock
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • lock
    lock
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • lock
    lock
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • ag_kevin
    Options

Hi @lock ,

I should be able to answer these questions for you:

Mac:

1. When you choose create new login using the command in the gear menu, it will take whatever you have filled in (right before you click Login) and create a login from that. If you aren't at a login page with the fields filled in, it may not create one. Try that again, and if it doesn't work, please let us know.
    2. I don't recall reordering of sections themselves, but I can pass that suggestion along.
    3. When you create the new vault, click on the vault image and press delete. It will remove custom icon. You can also paste your own image there if you like.
    4. The vaults themselves are not editable, once created. If you need to change it, you will need to sync it or export the items, create a new vault, and re-import. If you were syncing that vault, you'll need to set up sync for the new vault. After that, you can safely delete the old vault.
    5. This is normal. Only primary vault sync is supported with iCloud at this time.

iOS:

1. If you actually type the wrong password, it will take a while as it has to check the sync source to see if the master password has been changed. So if you typed the "new" password after changing it on another device, it can't check it until it looks to the network. This is why there's a delay. But if you are typing the correct one, I wonder if it's not receiving the first character you type because it is slow. I have an iPad 2 which is the same speed as the iPad mini 1, and sometimes I start typing too fast and it misses the first character or two. Try it again, but wait a few seconds after you see the cursor on the lock screen. See if it works then.

Thanks for taking the time to send us your questions. I hope I've answered them. I'll also take your feedback on syncing secondary vaults with iCloud, editing Vaults, and moving sections.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.