Turned sync back on, items deleted

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Are some records deleted when I sync? Depending on device or date?.

Comments

• dchimenti
    dchimenti
    Community Member
    Options

I just updated my OS on my laptop and did a synch with my iPhone since synching had stopped working. The iPhone data was much more up-to-date but the synch deleted the data on my iPhone and kept the older data on my laptop. Have I lost all my new data? That would be awful. You say here that it will keep both but it did not. I am synching with dropbox and have been using 1Password for a very long time. Please help!

• ag_kevin
    Options

Hi @dchimenti ,

I'm sorry that you are having trouble with synching. Your situation sounds a bit different than ites'. When you set up sync, the only way it will delete records is if you had deleted them on another device. Those deletions would sync. To see what actually happened, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iPhone:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

I'm also going to split your post into a separate topic, since you had sync enabled before and that's a bit different than setting it up for the first time. I'm also going to move your post to the iOS section, since it seems related to your iPhone, and not your Mac.

Regards,
    Kevin

• dchimenti
    dchimenti
    Community Member
    Options

I just sent the diagnostic. My support ID is [#LCV-46197-929]. Thanks!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I just wanted to let you know that we've received your Diagnostics Report and will be following up via email to keep the conversation in one place.

ref: LCV-46197-929

This discussion has been closed.