Teams versus Family

Options

I just signed up for a Teams monthly plan. I have two questions related to this.

1. I share my passwords for business with another business for virtual assistants. If they sign up to have their own Team account, do I still have to pay for sharing with them? I believe they will sign up for their own teams account eventually.
  2. I would like to share with my wife for our personal stuff, from my business teams account. Is it better to do that using her as another team member or family? I am fuzzy on which is best. I don't really want two accounts, personal and family.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @stevejoiner

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

At present we do not have a feature which allows for the sharing of items across teams. To share with the other business either you would need to be a member (or guest) of their team, or vice versa.

Teams accounts can also be used for sharing with family members, but family accounts cannot be used for non-personal use. Your choice here would be to invite your wife to your team account or to create a separate family account which you use for sharing items among your family.

It sounds like you've decided you don't want to have a separate family account, but would you mind elaborating why? So long as there aren't items that you'd want to share with both business associates and your family this would be the ideal setup in my mind (and also potentially less expensive than adding your wife and/or other family members to your team).

Please let me know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.