Restoring Pro Features (two different Apple IDs)

Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: How to...? Some questions on 1P. :).

Comments

• lock
    lock
    Community Member

First of all, sorry guys for the mess I've made with comments. I discovered the popping up gear button when it was too late. ;)

Many thanks for your answers, Kevin:

1 - Oh, now I get it. I was expecting a popup window where to fill data in. It could be a good idea to do so when user is not in a "field form", or popup an error message, I think.

2 - Thanks, when you have really lot of sections (like bank account) it would be veeeery useful to swap them too in case of need.

3 - Oh, nice! :)

4 - Hmmm, a bit messy. Would you please pass along an "edit vault section" suggestion too? :)

5 - I was suspecting that, but asking is free. :)

iOS 1 - I'm sure I'm typing the right password because I realized this behavior some day ago and made some test. However in these days I'm having big issues with my Internet provider and everything is terribly slow. This may explaining the wait time.
    I can confirm the first time password rejection, but it seems it's related to a curious bug: sometimes the first button I press is added two times (if I press "1" it adds "11") and, typing fast, sometimes I don't notice it. It can be related, as you suggested, to a slowness in iPad Mini 1.

iOS 2 - Just found how to add more vaults on Mini: I had an older version of 1P that didn't have this function. Now I can do it.

Bonus question:

I'm not able to restore my Pro functionality. I've two App Store accounts: one italian and one american. I can't remember which one I used to buy the upgrade. I guess italian one. if I login to App Store with US one, when I press "restore" in 1P, it asks for my password and say it was't possible to restore purchase. So I guess it's not the right one. But, if I access the store with italian one, once in 1P, when I press "restore" it gives me error without asking for password. That's really strange.
    Of course on that damn iPad Mini, never had problems with all other devices. :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lock,

I'm glad Kevin's answers were helpful for you! We'll be happy to forward your requests/feedback for 1Password for Mac along to our developers. Since your other questions/problems are related to 1Password for iOS, I've moved your message to our iOS forum. I hope you don't mind!

It sounds like you may have figured out why you've been having trouble unlocking it with your master password on your iPad mini. If that's happening due to slowness of the device, there's no much we can do about that - however, you might want to consider enabling the PIN code option in the Security settings of 1Password on that device so it's easier to unlock.

Glad to hear you figured out how to sync additional vaults to 1Password for iOS! Once you create vaults in 1Password on your Mac, you'll be able to sync them to 1Password for iOS as long as Pro Features are unlocked. Which brings us to the main problem:

I'm not able to restore my Pro functionality. I've two App Store accounts: one italian and one american.

In order to restore the Pro features in 1Password for iOS, you need to make sure the app was installed using the same Apple ID that you used to purchase Pro features. Switching to the correct Apple ID after installing the app and then trying to restore the purchase won't work.

While you're signed in with the correct Apple ID, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password on your iPad mini, and then see if you can restore Pro features. When you delete the app, it will also delete the locally-stored 1Password data on that iPad, but that's not a problem as long as you have everything in 1Password on your other devices (or if you have data in 1Password on that iPad that isn't on your other devices, you'll need to make a backup before deleting it).

Does that help? Let us know how it goes, and if you're still unable to restore Pro features, we'll continue from there. :)

• lock
    lock
    Community Member

Hi @Drew,
    thanks for getting in touch.

I was able to restore the pro functionality but forgot to update my post.

Yes, I realized I should have installed 1P with my italian account (that's where the pro was unlocked) because it seems the app automatically tries to connect to the same App Store. I uninstalled the app and downloaded it again from italian store, at that point 1P did everything automatically and unlocked the Pro features without my help. :)

And yes, I think the password problem is due to Mini slowness, lately Apple seems not to care much about old devices. I'll be more careful when using it (well, it's my mother one, so she'll be the one that has to be careful). ;)

Thanks again Drew and @Kevin, great app and great support.

Have a nice day,
    Lock

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, I'm happy to hear you were able to restore Pro features! Thanks for letting us know the details of what you needed to do.

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need help, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.