Cannot enter license key after moving to Win10

Options
cwitt
cwitt
Community Member

Hi,
I've just migrated my 1PW (v1.0.5.177) from Win7 to my new Win10 PC.

Everything works fine, except that it is running in demo mode and I cannot complete the license key registration.

When I enter the key, I get the error message "Error parsing response from the server during activation" (see attached screen dump)

I am pretty sure the key is correct, as I have recently requested key to be send to me via link on your website, and i am using that key.

HELP PLEASE!

Carsten

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

1pw.png 48.5K

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cwitt,

Do you have an anti-malware solution installed that could be blocking 1Password from reaching our servers? If yes, can you tell us the name of it?

Can you try disabling it temporarily and register the key again, see if it works.

• cwitt
    cwitt
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT - thank you for the suggestion, but I only have the Win10 Firewall + Defender and when disabling both, I still get the same error.

Is it because the license was purchase when the URL was "agilewebsolutions.com" and not "agilebits.com" as it is today?

Carsten

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cwitt,

Not likely since the app will talk to the right server for you, all it needs is the license key before talking to the server.

Could you email us at support+windows@agilebits.com with your license information, so we can check it for you.

• cwitt
    cwitt
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Just mailed the info to you.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cwitt,

I don't see it yet, did you sent it from the same email address you have in your forum profile and if not, could you tell me the unique ID that our BitBot auto-responder gave you.

• cwitt
    cwitt
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT #UDL-89247-822

• MikeT
    Options

Thanks, I've found it and we'll reply to you soon.

ref: UDL-89247-822

This discussion has been closed.