1Password Teams, Family and Billing

londan
londan
Community Member

We're a small tech company and have been using 1Password for quite a few years now both internally and to share passwords with clients. We currently have:

• 3x internal vaults shared with various members of our in-house team
  • 27x client vaults shared with individual clients -- some have multiple vaults per client
  • various personal vaults shared with friends and family -- varies by staff member

We'd like to move over to using Teams so I'm trying to figure out how the billing side of this will work. Have to say that the information about billing on the AgileBits website is rather confusing.

So, for me personally, I need to be part of our company Team. I also need a personal Team to use with my family. Ideally we'd also like to setup a Team for each client so that we can share vaults with all their staff, but also with some of our staff. We'd rather not do this from our company Team as if we have to pay for their licenses then it puts us in the middle of everything. Same for family and friends. We'd rather then have a direct payment relationship with AgileBits, not with us. Most everyone who uses 1Password will also want to share vaults which we're not part of, plus share vaults with their families.

So, my question: How does the billing work for all of this? Do I have to pay again and again and again for each Team I belong to, plus my family, or does one subscription travel? If not, then this is going to get rather expensive and really quite complex to manage.

Love 1Password and really pleased you've moved to a subscription model with excellent online tools, but need help figuring out the best way to set everything up in this brave new world.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: OS X, Windows, iOS, Android
Sync Type: Teams, iCloud, Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @londan! This sounds like a great use for 1Password Teams at your company. I'm not so sure about the family matters, though. What may simplify things a lot for you is 1Password Families, which runs on the same service as Teams with less of the advanced features that are meant for businesses.

So, my question: How does the billing work for all of this? Do I have to pay again and again and again for each Team I belong to, plus my family, or does one subscription travel? If not, then this is going to get rather expensive and really quite complex to manage.

Each team/family is independent, so the billing will set up individually for each one. This gives you a chance to use 1Password Families, which is priced for family use, and also 1Password Teams. You will need to pay for your membership on both, but the difference will be less than if you used two teams instead of a team and family.

Love 1Password and really pleased you've moved to a subscription model with excellent online tools, but need help figuring out the best way to set everything up in this brave new world.

Thank you! I'm afraid we don't hear this enough. I've been excited about this change as well, and for folks who prefer the older model, they can always get a license. :) I'll pass this kind feedback along to the team. They'll be happy to hear it.

Let us know if you have any questions about things.

This discussion has been closed.