My computer is not accepting my password. the iPad yes, so it is the correct one. What do I do?

Options
rossanagar
rossanagar
Community Member

Why my Mac is not accepting my password? it is the correct one because my iPad does accepts it. how do I fix this problem?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.4
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search: I am 100% sure my password is correct but it moves as if it is wrong.

Comments

• rossanagar
    rossanagar
    Community Member
    Options

Since I have 1password I stopped writing down my passwords and now it is not working on my computer. This is chaotic, I need it to work, to accept my password.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rossanagar,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue with 1Password and that you're not able to access your data. If your Master Password is working well on your iPad the first thing that you should do is check the language settings on your Mac. It can be quiet easy to change them by accident or without realising it, and checking on this is very often the solution for this problem.

Please let us know if this fixes your problem, if it doesn't we'll guide you through resetting your data on your computer :chuffed:

• rossanagar
    rossanagar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your answer, the language is OK, after our last conversation one time the password was accepted and never again. I am really worried, what is happening? What if I am on a trip and this happens to my iPad and I don`t have another alternative? at least now I can check the password on my iPad and copy the past to my computer.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rossanagar,

This is very strange behaviour, and it should not be happening. I guess you have checked all the technical things on your side (for example, whether all your keys working properly). In this case, I want to ask you to please send us a diagnostics report so we can have a better idea of what might be going on here.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.