My PC (Windows 8.1) is crashing out of the 1Password 6 Beta installation

Options
khad
khad
1Password Alumni
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows
This discussion was created from comments split from: Families need a Windows solution.

Comments

• Dig_Doug
    Dig_Doug
    Community Member
    Options

My PC (Windows 8.1) is crashing out of the 1Password 6 Beta installation. Here's the log. I'm going to try a restart and reinstall.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop
    Problem Signature 02: 2016.4.1806.0
    Problem Signature 03: 573f2b15
    Problem Signature 04: AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop
    Problem Signature 05: 2016.4.1806.0
    Problem Signature 06: 573f2b15
    Problem Signature 07: 72d
    Problem Signature 08: d
    Problem Signature 09: System.MissingMethodException
    OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: d11c
    Additional Information 2: d11cba02e435785ca1b281f96f8c34a4
    Additional Information 3: 0a46
    Additional Information 4: 0a469ddf06d14e19aef03c5e3a4faa3b

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dig_Doug: Thanks for reporting this! It looks like I'm able to reproduce the issue on one of my machines as well. We'll investigate this and get back to you!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Dig_Doug,

We're still investigating this issue but in the mean time, can you check for Windows updates and make sure you have everything installed? Also, check the optional updates section, make sure all the latest .NET 4.6 updates are installed as well.

• MikeT
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @Dig_Doug,

We're not able to reproduce this issue but your error is of that where you may not have the latest NET 4.6.1 framework installed.

Could you try this:

1. Download .NET 4.6.2 here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49982
    2. After it is installed, reboot, check for updates and install any that pops up
    3. Reboot once more and try 1Password now.
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dig_Doug: Mike is right. Even though Windows told me I was up to date on .NET, re-installing it and rebooting as described above got it working on my machine here. Be sure to let us know how it turns out! :)

• Dig_Doug
    Dig_Doug
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty @MikeT I tried to install it from the standard MS Windows site, and it seems .NET is already installed. The error message below pops up when I tried their installer.

"Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is already a part of this operating system. You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4 redistributable. More information.

Same or higher version of .NET Framework 4 has already been installed on this computer."

Glad to get you more info via email if you'd like, to help ID the problem.

• Dig_Doug
    Dig_Doug
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, snap! I see that the 1PW beta requires an installation a PREVIEW version of .NET. That's really scary - many (most?) of us are running Windows as our business platform. I'll take the dive and hope that it doesn't break the underlying conduits to all my data systems.

• Dig_Doug
    Dig_Doug
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile Too late, I've already went @MikeT's 4.6.2 Preview route.

Good news is it worked fine. 1PW is up and running as far as I can tell. And my data connectivity tools (eg several SAP tools) seems to be unaffected. I'll poke away on the tools and report out if I see anything strange.

One nice-to-have would be the ability to scan the QR code while going through the 1PW set-up. There was no way to use my PC camera to scan my QR code, would provide a significant shortcut.

Regards - DigDoug

• SergeyTheAgile
    edited May 2016
    Options

@Dig_Doug QR scanner is actually up and running in desktop app - just do a screenshot with QR code on it and then press "Scan QR code" button, it will take image from the clipboard and analyze :) I believe you can press Fn key + space to make full screenshot.

• Dig_Doug
    Dig_Doug
    Community Member
    Options

My suggestion was regarding using the computer's camera to scan my QR. For instance, I have the QR on my phone's 1PW. I'd like to be able to 'scan' it using my laptop's camera to take a snapshot from my phone's screen.

• Yep, we plan to enable camera in desktop app later, and allow universal app to use screenshots. Thanks for the suggestion!

This discussion has been closed.