I've exported my passwords from the "Secure Safe" program in a cvs but cannot be imported

Options
monfort
monfort
Community Member

I've exported my passwords from the "Secure Safe" program (www.securesafe.com) in a cvs file, but cannot be imported by 1password despite I've reordered the fields according to your directions

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/, kb:import, kb:create-csv-files

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@monfort,

There can be several reasons why a CSV import will fail. One of the most common is not having the same number of columns in each row (e.g. different number of commas separators in the row).

You might try the csv converter in the converter suite. It will give you better diagnostics should something be problematic. Also, you do not need to reorder the columns, but will add a header row to define each column's meanings. See the instructions in the first post of the thread, and then the README.pdf in the download. Use the 1.09 version in Testing Bits, since I've made some recent changes to the csv converter.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @monfort,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble getting your data imported into 1Password. Did you give the converter that MrC suggested a try?

This discussion has been closed.