Account already added

kevin_vds
kevin_vds
Community Member

We just switched to a 1password team account.

I could add the account to my 1password iOS app and the sync worked fine (i could see and access all my passwords).
But when I came back later to the app I got the setup screen again to 'sign into 1Password account' or 'Use without account'. When I click the sign in button I have to rescan the QR code, and then I get this error:

1password account already added (This member from xxx has already been added to 1Password ans cannot be added again.

In other words: I cannot get to my passwords anymore.

I thought it had to do something with the migration so I removed the app and reinstalled... But the issue remains.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: latest iOS
Sync Type: 1Password teams
Referrer: forum-search:account already added

Comments

• Hey @kevin_vds! Sorry for the trouble. It's a bit strange that reinstalling didn't fix the issue. To get a better idea of what is happening, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device? This knowledge base article explains how: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• kevin_vds
    kevin_vds
    Community Member

I'm afraid this is a bit of a problem... Since I get stuck at the opening screen I can't access the app's settings and create the logs...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kevin_vds: I'm sorry for all the trouble! Here's a workaround that should get us what we need to get this resolved for you:

1. Open 1Password
    2. Create a new vault (don't try to sign into your 1Password Account)
    3. Go to Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings, and enable App, Crypto, Database, Keychain, SQLite, and Sync
    4. Then go to Settings > 1Password Accounts > Add Account and try to login
    5. You'll probably get the same error, but this time we should get some additional information
    6. Go to Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Send Diagnostics

Please include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• kevin_vds
    kevin_vds
    Community Member

Hi Brenty,

I've done what you suggested and the mail is on its way.

However I have to tell the situation is differently now there is a local vault. At this moment I can open the app and in the settings I indeed see the team account. But that vault is empty...

Hopefully you'll get something out of the logs.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kevin_vds: Indeed, we'll get to the bottom of this! Thank you so much for your patience and willingness to work with us on this strange problem. It does sound like we have a bug on our hands here.

While I suspect that deleting the "empty" account and re-adding it might help now that you're able to at least get into the app, if you can hold of on doing that it would be appreciated, in case we need anything else. Ideally, we want to find the cause so we can prevent this from happening to you or anyone else in the future.

I'm not seeing anything in our inbox from this address, but if you can post the Support ID you received here, we can track it down and get back to you more quickly. Thanks again!

• kevin_vds
    kevin_vds
    Community Member

support ID is [#WMM-12541-667]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kevin_vds: Awesome! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: WMM-12541-667

• jesse
    jesse
    Community Member

Was a solution ever found for this problem? I'm also experiencing this issue on one of the iPhones on my Family account. I had just managed to get that family member to start using 1Password over a sheet of paper so it has been extra frustrating for them. The app was working fine on their iPhone for about a week.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jesse: Sorry for the trouble! It still isn't clear what causes this to happen, but you should be able to get it working again by doing the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap on Settings > 1Password Accounts > [Your Account]
    3. Scroll to the bottom of the account details screen and tap "Remove Account"
    4. Re-add your account by tapping on the Add Account button on Settings > 1Password Accounts.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.