1Password For Teams Website Not Accepting Proper Account Key and Password

I am trying to upgrade the billing on my trial. I am copying the key with the copy function and entering the exact same password that I use to unlock my 1p apps.

It is saying my email or account key is wrong. Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: El Capitan
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• ericcovino1
    ericcovino1
    Community Member

Just for the record..I've written my password in plain text in a text doc to copy and paste between the app itself and the web login. The app unlocks perfectly, the web does not.

I am using the built in 1password copy account key function in the app so that is correct, and I am using the email i signed up with.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@ericcovino1

I have seen similar myself but it was usually by an errant space at the beginning of the account key. Might that be the issue for you as well ? I have had as many as 3 spaces at the beginning of the Key.

I just arrowed back and then removed the spaces. For me this happened when copying the key from the emergency kit or similar. If you open the 1Password app and go to the preferences, teams tab you can also copy and paste the key from there in case it was an entry/paste error earlier. (like a errant space) * Sorry, if this has been done, I didn't know if you were copying the key from the app or the Emergency kit.

• Kayla
    Kayla
    Community Member

I have the same issue. the website does not work with the correct credentials and the app works but as soon as I sign in a box pops up saying that they cannot verify my account

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@ericcovino1 and @Kayla,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

If you are able to sign in to your account in the 1Password app on your Mac, you should be able to use the same details to sign in to 1Password.com.

1. Open and unlock the 1Password app on your Mac.
    2. From the 1Password menu, choose Preferences.
    3. Click the Accounts icon.

From there you can actually copy and paste your email address and Account Key directly into the fields on 1Password.com.

One thing that may be causing confusion is that it's possible to have a different Master Password to unlock the 1Password app than you used for your team account. If you were using 1Password before you signed up for 1Password Teams, it's possible that the Master Password for your Primary vault is different from the Master Password for your 1Password.com account. Were you using the 1Password for Mac app with a local vault before signing up for a team account?

• ericcovino1
    ericcovino1
    Community Member

Thanks all. It appears to have been a copy and paste issue with a truncated url in the email.

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah! Thanks for the update. Happens to the best of us! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.