1Password will not open even with the AVG turned off.

Options

Error message still comes up. I cannot open the program to send you a Diagnostics report. I turned AVG off and executed the .exe file as an administrator. Still the same proble. I am trying very hard here and spending way too much time fighting this issue. Can I go back to the old version?

1Password Version: 4.6.0
Extension Version: .604
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• marineau
    marineau
    Community Member
    Options

This is the image of the error message

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @marineau,

I don't see any images here, did you upload it yet?

You can try downloading the older version here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4

We do not recommend this at all because you will be at risk for bugs that we've fixed in latest versions. Please upload the image or tell us what the error said, so you'd use the latest version.

• marineau
    marineau
    Community Member
    Options

Well let's see what you have to say here. You had asked for a diagnostics report, but I can't open the program.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@marineau: Sorry for the confusion! Mike didn't ask for a diagnostics report since you'd already mentioned you couldn't send one.

The error indicates that 1Password is missing some of its support files due to something preventing them from being installed and registered properly. Please disable AVG, restart Windows, and reinstall 1Password with admin rights (you can choose this option by right-clicking the installer). Let me know how it turns out!

• MikeT
    Options

If reinstalling the 1Password program as an admin with AVG still doesn't work, it is likely that you have a different program that's trying to overwrite 1Password's files upon restarts.

For that, please email us at support+windows@agilebits.com with the link to this thread and your forum name, so we can connect the email to this thread. We'll send you instructions on how to generate the system report manually and we'll analyze that report to figure out what's going on.

This discussion has been closed.