Pricing - I just can't justify it for a medium size business

Options

Hey team. I would have preferred to send this via an email but since you're happy to have everything on here..
The pricing for 1password for teams is to high and now that the trial/beta has finished I think I might cancel.
That's a pity because I really love using it. I just can't justify the cost for what is basically a jumped up spreadsheet for all my passwords.
I know of course it's so much more than that but the normal "pro" pricing is more expensive per month than office 365.. for that price I can create a private sharepoint site with a list for each user and then control access per page. Even with the discounted pro pricing I pay more for my fancy password spreadsheet than I do for a company wide diary booking system which is far more complex, far more useful and costs around $25 for 35 users!
Good luck with everything. It's a great tool.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's a pity because I really love using it. I just can't justify the cost for what is basically a jumped up spreadsheet for all my passwords.

@MichaelBara: If that's all you're getting out of 1Password, then I can't blame you! After all, Office365 ain't cheap. So if you're looking at it as just another line on an expense report though, there are a lot of things that are cheaper than the security and convenience of 1Password. At least, I think it's still possible to get a small cappuccino for less... ;)

But in all seriousness, as you yourself noted, 1Password is so much more than a "spreadsheet for passwords". Spreadsheets aren't nearly as convenient to share securely or restore to an earlier version from last month when you realize you made a mistake. And login filling is a whole lot easier with 1Password. Frankly, I depend on keeping the "keys" to all of my own bookkeeping and other sensitive information (like personal or financial documents) secured in 1Password, but ultimately we each need to decide what is worth spending money on and what isn't.

That said, perhaps there's something we could add in the future that would make 1Password more valuable to you and your team, we'd love to hear about it! You can reply here or email us directly at support@1password.com with feedback or feature requests, and we'll be happy to listen. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.