Yet another duplication question

Options
3l3phant
3l3phant
Community Member

For a number of reasons I have multiple copies of every login in my vault (Family vault and the one on my laptop - OS X. I'm not interested in finding what accounts use the same password (via the security audit), just to delete the duplicates. I'd do it manually but I have 1,000 accounts that have been now duplicated 3 times each (user error not 1Password). Is there an easy way to do this?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.BETA-15 (630015) AgileBits
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.5
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @3l3phant,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Are the items all in the same vault?

Or did you copy all the items from one vault (maybe your Primary vault) into another vault (maybe your Personal vault in your family account) instead of move them? If you are seeing the duplicates in All Vaults, but not when you switch to each specific vault, that may be what is happening.

For example, if I have these Login items in my Primary vault:

• Login A
    • Login B
    • Login C

And then I copy all of them into my Personal vault in my family account, I will see both copies of the items in All Vaults since I will be seeing the copies in both vaults. If I switch to my Primary vault, I can just select all the items and delete them since they are safely in my Personal vault. Then, there will only be the one copy in All Vaults.

Does that help at all?

• 3l3phant
    3l3phant
    Community Member
    Options

Take a look at the attached to see what I mean. Again, the problem happened because of user error, just trying to figure out if there's a non-manual way to delete duplicate logins. The question seems to come up a lot as a feature request.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Thanks for that screenshot, @3l3phant. I see you have All Vaults selected at the very top left. If those items are all in different vaults, it may be easier to remove them. Click on each copy of your Alaska Air item and see what vault each one is in. You'll see this in the details view on the right (the part you didn't include in your screenshot):

Are all the items in the same account and vault?

• 3l3phant
    3l3phant
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @khad - thanks for the help. The bottom three are in Personal, the first one in Primary.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@3l3phant,

Okay, so that narrows it down a bit. :)

Do you want to have all the items from your Primary vault in your Personal vault? If so, you can switch to your Primary vault and then move all the items.

1. Click All Vaults at the top of the sidebar, then select your Primary vault.
    2. Select all of the items by pressing Command-A after clicking one of the items in the list.
    3. From the menu bar, choose Item > Share > Personal > Move.

Then you would just need to manually delete any duplicates in the Personal vault. There isn't really a shortcut for that unfortunately. It may help to switch to the column view (View > Item List Layout > Top) and sort by date modified to see if that helps.

• 3l3phant
    3l3phant
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, I just figured out how to switch to make Primary my ... well, primary :) The manual-delete is going to be a PITA. Means going through and deleting 2000+ logins. Like I said, from other board postings it sounds like something a lot of folks have requests.

Regardless, thanks for the help! :)

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad you were able to get everything sorted out, @3l3phant!

This discussion has been closed.