All cards I'm trying to use are not working with your payment system. Is something down?

Options
LVLUP
LVLUP
Community Member

All cards I'm trying to use are not working with your payment system. Is something down?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:frozen-account

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LVLUP,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. This is the first report of this. Nothing is being reported to our Twitter account even. Usually something like this would be reported by loads of folks on Twitter as soon as there is a problem. Everything appears to be functioning correctly in my testing just now as well.

• Are you getting a specific error message? Could you let me know what you are [not] seeing?
    • Do you have extensions installed (other than 1Password) which may be causing trouble? Could you try disabling them?
    • Does the problem persist if you try a different browser?
    • Are all the cards the same type (Visa, Amex, MasterCard)? Or did you try different ones?

I'm sure we can get it sorted out. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to resolve it.

• LVLUP
    LVLUP
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @khad - I've tried three cards - personal debit, business debit, personal credit - all give 'Your credit card was declined. Please try a different card.'

Tried in Chrome and Edge, same results. No plugins that should be affecting anything are installed.

All three cards are Visa. I can call the bank in the morning to see if the charge was flagged for some reason.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LVLUP: Ah, if they're all from the same bank, that might make more sense. Flagging the purchase could very well apply to all cards. But if it's different cards from different banks, that's really peculiar. Be sure to let us know what the bank says. And feel free to contact us via email at support@1password.com if you prefer. We'll look into this on our end too.

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Assuming this isn't something simple like a CVC/CVV typo (which it doesn't sound like this is the case), the most common reason for payment declines is that the card's issuing bank has blocked the transaction, usually because their fraud detection systems tend to aggressively block online transactions they don't recognize, in an attempt to protect you. If you call the number on the back of the card, they can look for the transaction labelled "1PASSWORD" and unblock it.

This discussion has been closed.