I got "Wrong password" message after I changed Master password

Options
vvcat
vvcat
Community Member

Hi,

My PC running Win7 and installed 1password 4 already, since long time I didn't change my 1password4 password, I tried to change it but when I re-logon, it got the wrong password, how can I reset my 1password4 password now?

Fortunately, I still can access 1password 4 on my Android phone as the updated master password didn't sync to my Android phone!

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win7 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vvcat: Thanks for contacting us. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Master Password! Could it be an issue with keyboard settings or special characters in the password? These can cause this type of issue.

More to the point, for your privacy and security, your Master Password is known only by you. No information about your Master Password is ever sent to us, so we cannot reset it for you and you cannot change it without entering the old one. There is no "back door". However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password-not-accepted/

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

This discussion has been closed.