How to Add an App Login

thenaos
thenaos
Community Member

Hi,

Is there a way to an application login in 1Password for Mac?

In 1Password for Windows, pressing CTRL before pressing on the "Add URL" in the login's edit window does the trick, but I haven't figured how to do this on Mac.

Running latest 1Password for Mac on the latest OS X.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

If I'm understanding your question correctly, you're asking if there's a way for 1Password for Mac to fill in login details in other native apps, right? Unfortunately that isn't something we're able to do at the moment due to the way OS X sandboxes different applications. 1Password apps for other platforms can do this because of different "hooks" available to them; those hooks aren't available here.

• thenaos
    thenaos
    Community Member

Yes, you are correct - I'm asking about filling in details for desktop apps (Steam, for example) in OS X. I managed to do this in Windows, but sadly not in OS X.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @thenaos,

I'm sorry this can't be accomplished in OSX for the reasons that nmott explained before. Keep in mind that you can use the anchor on the bottom left corner of 1Password mini to make copy and paste of the username and password easier and faster on apps like steam or Skype!

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do to help you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.