grouping passwords

Options
feleazer
feleazer
Community Member

I had most of my LastPass passwords in folders for each of my clients. I've looked at the help instructions for creating folders in 1Password, but I have over 800 login items, isn't there some way I can get the folder assignment from the LastPass export file and use it to quickly put these logins in the same folders in 1Password that they were in before?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 621002
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:import from lastpass, kb:import-lastpass

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @feleazer ,

If you don't mind doing a re-import, use the lastpass converter in the converter suite, and use the --folder option. This will create Folders (and Tags) based on your LastPass folders.

Use the 1.09 version in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post. You can use the AppleScript Helper - let it run, but after it runs, in the Terminal window it opens, hit your Up Arrow in your keyboard (this will recall the command it just ran), type a Space and add the text --folders and hit Return. This will re-run the converter adding the --folders option (which is disabled in the converter by default, as explained in the README.pdf).

Ask if you need help!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@feleazer ,

If you have not already downloaded the 1.09 version, I've just updated it to make the adding of options easier for you. The helper will ask you if you want to add any additional options - just add the --folder option in the dialog when asked. No need to re-run the command as mentioned above.

• feleazer
    feleazer
    Community Member
    Options

Mr. C - You are amazing! Piece of cake, thank you SO much, you saved me so much time, AND probably kept me from bailing and going back to LastPass out of frustration. I really appreciate it.

There is one thing I would clarify on your instructions, page 5:

To Import the 1P_import_1pif file into 1Password's File> Import menu and select the file 1P_import.1pif.

The user first has to select the type of import file, which is "Other", not 1Password.

Thanks again for making this so easy!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @feleazer,

You have such a friendly face, I couldn't help but try to help! :-)

I'll update the README. It didn't occur to me that I needed to update the instructions after AgileBits updated the 1Password importer. I'll take care of that now. Thanks for catching this and bringing it to my attention!

• feleazer
    feleazer
    Community Member
    Options

Haha, thanks, Mr C!

I figured something must've changed because your instructions were so thorough.

I have a love/hate relationship with LastPass, so I'm looking forward to a better experience with 1Password. Thanks again.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad everything is up and running, feleazer! Do let us know if there's anything we can help with in the future 8-)

This discussion has been closed.