Why can't I sort the order of my Favorites by title anymore?

Options
leimerlk
leimerlk
Community Member

It seems that this use to be a feature. Now the only two options to sort Favorites is most/least favorite. Please bring back title sort order for Favorites in 1P Mac and the mini.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Favorites sort order

Comments

• MortalWombatUK
    MortalWombatUK
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this. Pretty sure this was a feature in previous versions, or am I imagining things??!!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @leimerlk and @MortalWombatUK,

As far as I can remember, there hasn't been an option to sort Favorites by title - Favorites have always been sorted manually, so you can drag them into the order you want (the most/least sorting options simply reverse that order). But just in case my memory was playing a trick on me, I asked others here about that, and they confirmed sorting Favorites has always been manual. Is it possible you're thinking of sort options for other item categories in 1Password?

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you! I'll be happy to let our developers know you'd like to have the option to sort Favorites by title (although I can't promise if/when that might be added). If you need anything else, please let us know! :)

• leimerlk
    leimerlk
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, so I'm thinking it wasn't a prior feature, perhaps I just had them manually sorted for so long that I thought it was automatic.

Side question, shouldn't the order of manually sorted Favorites sync between Mac and iOS (using Family version)? All vaults are selected (I see the same # of favorites), but they are only about half in order. I move one around on the Mac (is there a way to manually sort in iOS?), wait a minute, and some of the the changes sync over to iOS, some don't...........??????

I may be the only one, and I'm probably a little OCD about consistency across something I use all the time :) Thank!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@leimerlk: I have mine organized and don't add or remove Favorites often myself. And you're right: we have some work to do still on All Vaults. Favorites (and other things, such as folders) work on a per-vault basis. This information is actually stored in each individual vault, so combining all of this into a single All Vaults view has raised some heretofore nonexistent issues. We'll continue to improve this. Thanks for bringing it up! :)

This discussion has been closed.