How to delete the old local vault after switching to 1P Families?

Titanmarcel
Titanmarcel
Community Member

I just switched to 1Password Families. How to delete the old local vault?

Maybe I'm just blind but I've found nothing after 20 minutes of searching.

Hope that somebody can help me please.

Best wishes from Germany!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Titanmarcel!

We have a feature which allows deletion of the Primary vault planned for the next stable release of 1Password for Mac. Once that's out it'll be much easier to remove the vault so everything is nice and organized 8-) In the meantime, if you want to hide results from the Primary vault, you can do so by going to 1Password > Preferences > All Vaults and unchecking the box next to your Primary vault.

• Titanmarcel
    Titanmarcel
    Community Member

Thank you very much for your fast answer.

Looking forward to the option of deleting old local vaults on OSX and iOS.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

Me too ;)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@Titanmarcel,

We released 1Password 6.3 for Mac yesterday. If you update 1Password on your Mac, you should see the option to remove local vaults in Preferences > Advanced. When you turn off "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" your Primary (local) vault will be deleted. If you have additional local vaults besides your Primary vault, you will need to delete them before disabling that option. Hope that helps. :)

Cheers!

• Titanmarcel
    Titanmarcel
    Community Member

Works perfect with 6.3.

Is there a way to delete the local vault on iOS?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@Titanmarcel, on iOS, you'd need to delete the app and start over. Just make sure that all of your data exists in your family vaults. You will lose any data that isn't in a family vault or otherwise synced.

Then when you start back up with the app, just sign in to your 1Password account. Your data will be there.

• renaebair
    renaebair
    Community Member

I was able to delete my local vault by following your instructions, but now I no longer have a sync option (on my mac app). I was previously syncing my primary vault through iCloud. I wanted to be able to sync my personal vault with iCloud instead of my primary (since I setup a teams account). But now I don't see a way to sync any local vaults. The sync option is entirely missing.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@renaebair this is because 1Password Families and 1Password Teams make your data available on all your devices and through 1Password.com without the assistance of an outside sync tool. If you want to sync your data via iCloud you'll have to keep the Primary vault.

• sebastian_bauer
    sebastian_bauer
    Community Member

Any chance to use the Android version without a local vault? Just switched to 1Password for Families an was wondering, because I had to create a local vault there.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@sebastian_bauer this isn't possible with 1Password for Android right now, but it's something we have in mind for the future :)

This discussion has been closed.